Creamy and delicious, this easy pea pasta recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Made with simple ingredients like pasta, peas, leeks, and spinach, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 small shallot
- 1/4 cups leeks
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- Bring a pot of water to boil and throw the pasta until al dente. Save a cup of pasta water to ensure the creaminess of the sauce.
- Saute with butter and oil the shallot and leeks until they get tender. Don’t forget to add salt.
- Get the leeks, peas, and fresh spinach to blend. Blitz until they get creamy, or at least in pesto consistency.
- Transfer the green pea puree into the pan and simmer under a medium heat. Add the black pepper and taste for saltiness.
- Put in the pasta and mix gently until combined. Add more pasta water if necessary.
- Transfer to your plate/bowl and add a spoonful of creme fraiche.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean