Divine Alcohol-Free Tiramisu Cake Recipe (5 Ingredients)
This alcohol-free tiramisu cake recipe makes the silkiest, richest, lightest tiramisu. It is a chilled “pick me up” dessert. Use this every occasion tiramisu recipe without alcohol, ready in minutes, and with only 5 ingredients.
The best summer desserts are the ones that do not require any baking, and they can get done in minutes. This alcohol-free tiramisu cake recipe checks all the boxes.
Moms, this tiramisu cake without alcohol is perfect for your kids. It will satisfy any sweet tooth! You can make this tiramisu recipe without rum from scratch. It is effortless to make and calls for just five ingredients.
How To Make Alcohol-Free Tiramisu Cake Recipe With Only 5 Ingredients?
Unlike the other tiramisu cake recipes, this one does not have any alcohol or coffee flavor. You can layer it up on a tray, but you can also present it elegantly in a martini glass or any other glassware of your preference to mark an occasion.
Ingredients For Tiramisu Without Alcohol
- Ladyfingers. They are a must for tiramisu recipes. They give texture, and they have a slight crunch.
- Cocoa powder. First, add cocoa powder to two cups of boiling water, stir, and let it cool completely. You will also need to spread some powder at the end.
- Eggs. Use raw eggs. Separate the whites from the yolks and follow the instructions below.
- Mascarpone cheese. This heavenly cheese gives all the creamy consistency to the dessert. Here I am using a 17.5 oz bowl.
- Sugar. Use caster sugar in this recipe. You may also try the powder sugar, but you need a larger quantity to achieve the desired sweetness. Do not use brown sugar for tiramisu because you don’t want the cream to have a brown shade.
Procedure For No Alcohol Tiramisu Recipe, Step By Step
1. Put two-three tablespoons of cocoa butter into 500 ml boiling water. Mix until dissolved and let it cool.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolk into two different bowls.
3. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat the yolks at low speed until they’re light in color and have doubled in size.
To achieve perfect consistency, keep mixing until they are pale and airy. This process can be tedious, but your eggs will never reach their full potential if you don’t put in the effort.
4. Add mascarpone cheese and keep beating until it gets silky and smooth.
5. Once you have finished this bowl, start beating the whites. Make sure your whisk or mixer is clean first, or you’ll be sorry!
I suggest you start at a low rate and gradually increase the speed. At first, low speed is best. You can turn it up after a few seconds, though.
You’ll know the white eggs are firm when you can gently touch their surface without them moving. If they do not resist the pressure, they need more time.
6. Continue by adding sugar. Mix and mix until the sugar is dissolved, and when you taste it, you can’t feel any tiny crystals.
- When you have a nice white meringue, transfer it tablespoon by tablespoon to the mascarpone-yolk bowl. At this point, you do not use a hand mixer anymore.
Gradually add the meringue to the yolks bowl, and mix gently with a spatula or wooden spoon until you achieve a creamy consistency.
8. Now, dip each of the ladyfingers into the cold cocoa and start layering. Do not soak them—just a brief dip.
If you are using a glass, you may need to break the ladyfingers into 2 pieces. However, you can also set one ladyfinger at the side and fill the glass with cream. Keep in mind that the top of the glass would be the filling.
If you are using a tray, proceed with one layer of cocoa-flavored ladyfingers and one layer of cream.
The cream should not be runny but well dissolved and very silky.
Tiramisu Recipe Variation Without Eggs And Coffee
You can let the eggs out and replace this ingredient with heavy whipping cream. For this variant of tiramisu, you will not need two bowls.
Instead of eggs, beat well a cup and a half of heavy whipping cream, and then add the mascarpone.
After this, layer up in whatever dish you are using.
How To Serve This Alcohol-Free Tiramisu Cake
The standard way to serve tiramisu is on a large tray. You need to cut the tiramisu into portions and place it on individual plates for serving.
However, people have started to like having a whole tiramisu for themselves. Don’t get me wrong, who does not want a tray tiramisu for herself? I’m the first one!
People like it when glasses or jars are entirely for themselves and don’t have to share any portions. This way, they can also see through and create expectations for the deliciousness they are about to eat.
Besides, those trays are never equally portioned.
Freezing And Refrigerating Alcohol-Free Tiramisu Cake
The cake is ready after a few hours of chilling in the fridge. It does not have to be overnight, but 2-3 hours is enough! Because there are eggs, I don’t suggest letting them rest longer than two days in the fridge.
I don’t think there will be any remains. Do not freeze tiramisu with eggs. If you have tried an eggless version, feel free to freeze it. It will be safe to use for a month.
FAQs About Alcohol-Free Tiramisu
What Can I Substitute For Alcohol In Tiramisu?
Alternatively, replace alcohol with extra coffee or cold cocoa. Also, instead of fruit liqueurs, sprinkle flavored fruit juice variants on the sponge base, such as orange juice instead of orange liqueur; cherry juice or syrup instead of kirsch.
Can I Make Tiramisu Without Rum?
You can make tiramisu with or without alcohol. Some recipes use coffee-flavored liqueur, marsala, or brandy. Coffee liqueur enhances the coffee flavor. The best thing to do is to make tiramisu in advance so that the flavor can have the time to blend into one another.
Does Tiramisu Always Have Alcohol?
Traditionally, tiramisu recipes have Marsala wine or rum as an important ingredient. The dose of coffee or espresso you can use is liberal, but taste during the making so you know when it is enough for you. Tiramisu recipes are not cooked. Therefore, the alcohol flavor is very potent but should not be dominant.
Does Tiramisu Cake Have Alcohol?
Does tiramisu have alcohol? Originally, tiramisu recipes had Marsala Wine in their cream and ladyfingers soaked in coffee mixture.
Don’t forget to dust it with unsweetened cocoa powder at the end! Chill and enjoy!Print