Irresistible Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with Celery
Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with Celery 😍😍😍 ay yay yayyyyy, this is mouth-watering!!
A simple pear and gorgonzola salad with celery will bring you a plate with slices of crispy (but juicy) sweet fruit, a sharp, spicy flavor of a cheesy goddess, and a full of fiber vegetable (celery) balancing both of the flavors.
This pear and gorgonzola salad with a celery base is refreshing to the very core. Not only it carries a healthy amount of natural sugar (the one of a fruit), but the presence of celery brings a juicy consistency, making this salad not boring at all!
To me, there is a bridge between something salty (classic cheese) and something sweet (the sweetness of any fruit), and for this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery turns out the bridge is the celery itself!
Let’s be clear on one thing: although this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery is not a leftover salad, it is literally the easiest to make. All you have to do is find something that would balance the sweet and savory.
Another reason why this salad is the quickest and the simplest to prepare is the dressing. There is nothing more elementary than whisking cream cheese with a little milk, adding some salt and pepper.
Wanna take it to another level? Here is a suggestion: Lift this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery (always celery) to a whole new level by switching from the creamy dressing to another dressing variation totally dairy-free.
I’m thinking of almonds tahini, cold water, a little olive oil, lime juice, ground mustard, fresh ground pepper, some honey (or maple syrup for a vegan-friendly version). How mystical would this dressing make the pear and gorgonzola salad with celery?! Give it a look:
If you use a dressing that, in another case, would be perfect for something sweet, make sure you crumble some feta cheese on top, along with the toasted nuts.
The main ingredients for this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery are still only 3: pear, gorgonzola, and celery. Everything you add, such as strawberries on top (perfect!), any other berries, nuts, and different dressings, proves how versatile this trio can be.
Please, let’s not leave this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery an old-fashioned salad. Let’s make it up to date, let’s make it contemporary, let’s make it all-inclusive. In every salad, do not forget nuts!
Any kind of nuts can be just great, and a mixture of different nuts for this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery would be a great idea and, quite frankly, courageous too!
This recipe, pear salad with gorgonzola cheese with celery, will make you want to light up a candle, (maybe) fill a glass of wine and turn on some good music. It brought me near the sea (imaginary)… I wish I could have some fish too.
Why I Love This Recipe of Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
and you will too!
- It is juicy because celery contains 95.43% of water.
- It is sweet, and its sweetness is completely natural. Pears are a great fruit to eat. Even if you have diabetes, they are still fantastic!
- Now, to complete this triangle, I’ve chosen gorgonzola because it tastes such a rich, creamy cheese while the blue-green ripples add a sharp, spicy flavor that provides an excellent contrast to its richness. I love it, and you will certainly see it in many more of my recipes.
- I thought this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery would need a snowy white dressing, creamy enough so it will look like all ingredients will take a rest on it, waiting for you to enjoy it fully!
- The almonds also add a perfect nice nutty crunch too, and they are divine!
Grab Your Knife And Your Cutting Board
You will need celery, pear, gorgonzola cheese, almonds, cream cheese, milk, and a pinch of salt for this recipe.
- The first step cut the celery stalks into diagonal slices.
- In the second step, cut the pear into irregular bite-sized chunks.
- Third, rub the cheese between your fingers to crumble.
- Cut your almonds into two pieces and put toast them. You may not cut the almonds as well.
- Prepare the dressing just by whisking cream cheese, milk, and a pinch of salt.
Transfer the ingredients into a bowl and toss them without adding the dressing. Use a spoon to gently gaze the dressing into a plate (or bowl) and then add all the ingredients. Do not mix at this point because each ingredient will dip into the (light) juicy cream.
Variations For Your Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with Celery
- Not a fan of gorgonzola cheese? Goat cheese will go along with celery and pear as well.
- Would you prefer a dairy-free dressing? Also, try a classic lemon and olive oil dressing. I’d suggest this one.
- Level up with another dressing. Use almond tahini, a little cold water, some olive oil, nice fresh lime juice, a tiny spoon of ground mustard, fresh ground pepper, some honey.
- Make this dressing vegan by replacing honey with maple syrup.
Also Call It “Spring Salad”
Now that spring is finally here; I need to add more juice to my salad. Being a salad lover does have its own benefits because there is always a way out of hunger, even if you literally have 2 ingredients in your fridge.
Name me a more romantic salad than this one. Honestly, it would be challenging with all the tasty treasures you can prepare in your kitchen. But I assure you one thing: Your friends are going to love it, they are going to take pictures of it…and not to mention how much ‘mmm’ you are going to hear!
Literally, this pear and gorgonzola salad with celery is only made of raw ingredient and truly each of them you can buy it at the grocery store or farmers markets as well.
You hear ‘seasonal’ a lot in the fruit world, but this salad is truly as seasonal as it can get.
It brings such a freshness on your table and such a pleasant vibration as well.
You don’t need to cook anything for this salad. All you need is a knife, a chopping board, and a salad bowl.
Please enjoy the process of crumbling the cheese between your fingers. You will know, out of this recipe, when it is enough for your salad.
Do make sure everything is dry when you start chopping the ingredients. A wet salad makes the leaves look soggy, and the pear will lose its color very soon.
This salad comes together in less than five minutes, and it is loaded with fresh-picked fruit, a tangy kind of cheese, fresh celery, and easy dressing.
I showed you three recipes of dressings above. If you have guests over your house, you can prepare this salad in three different bowls with each of the dressings.
Salads are such a simple way of cooking on a budget and bringing a packed meal to the table. You can make these three ingredients taste in three different ways.
I’d not prefer to eat bread with this kind of salad, but follow your instinct and make your stomach happy!
Remember to add the dressing just before you serve it.
It is preferable to prepare this salad last minute because the fruit loses color soon, and try your best to keep everything as “alive” as possible.
Toss the salad again on your own plate. If you will add even more dressing, toss it again. Send me your amazing pictures and tell me if this recipe brought you the same joy as it did to me. 😋
And by the way, I’d suggest you take a look at my mixed green salad if you are looking for other healthy options for your dinner or lunch. And this one is vegan!Print