Beet Cucumber Salad That Is Actually Delicious
Beet cucumber salad packs vibrancy, nutrition, texture, and freshness in one dish. Tender roasted beef, crunchy cucumbers, and tangy fruits dressed with an orange vinaigrette will make a salad you will want to eat every day.
This is one of the best salads with beetroot recipes, and I promise you’ll get back to it. The earthy tender roasted beetroots balance perfectly with the hydrating cucumbers. Fruits add a natural sweetness and herbs an extra dose of freshness.
More salad inspiration:
- Marouli Salad
- Boiled Carrots Salad With Quinoa
- Alkaline Salad
- Roasted Potatoes Salad With Figs
- Super Greens Salad
Reasons To Love Beet Cucumber Salad
- It’s versatile. It can be served as a side dish, or as a light and healthy lunch. You can also customize it to your liking by adding different toppings or dressings.
- Extremely nutritious. Beets and cucumbers are low in calories and high in fiber, making them an excellent addition to any healthy diet, especially if your target is weight loss.
- Very easy to make. All you need to do is mix up the right ingredients and add a simple vinaigrette; voila, your takeaway lunch is ready.
- It’s vegan and dairy-free. This recipe contains no cheese. However, feel free to add your favorite cheese if you are not restricted to dairy.
- Easy to combine with fruit. You probably know that fruits are great in salad. They add a pinch of natural sweetness that balances the tanginess of a salad.
Ingredients For Beet Cucumber Salad
- Beets are the star of this salad. You can use boiled or freshly roasted beets. If you’re short on time, boiled beets will work just fine. If you have more time, I recommend roasting the beets for a deeper flavor. You’ll need 1 medium beet for this recipe.
- Cucumbers add a refreshing crunch here. You’ll need one cucumber, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Apples help the tasty beets get even more enjoyable and interesting. Even though this salad is crunchy enough, all the ingredients are soft. That is why apples pair really well.
- Strawberries make this beet and cucumber salad even more vibrant and fresh, in both taste and color.
- Dill. The earthy flavor of the dill enhances this vegan beet salad. A beet salad with dill alone is also a minimalist and satisfying pairing if you don’t have all the ingredients.
Beet Salad Dressing
Orange vinaigrette goes fantastic with roasted beets. It infuses the beets and cucumber salad with a burst of citrusy freshness and a complementary flavor that can make it truly stand out.
Depending on how you cook the beets, you may need to reconsider the dressing. For example, an orange vinaigrette is perfect for this vegan roasted beet salad, but if you choose to boil the beetroots a balsamic vinaigrette is much more suitable.
- Orange juice
- Olive oil
- A tiny pinch of black pepper just to “awaken” the liquids.
- Very little salt
Assemble The Beetroot Salad
- Wrap the beetroot in aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 20 minutes under 180 degrees.
- In the meantime chop the cucumbers, apples, and the dill.
- Prepare the dressing and add it right before eating. Add the finely chopped dill to the dressing.
- Once the oven is roasted and cooled down, unpeel it and slice it as thinly as you want it. You can use a mandoline here. I avoided it.
- Layer up the salad. The bottom part should be the roasted beetroot slices. From there add the slices of apples and cucumbers. Top it with the strawberries and some leaves of mint.
- Dress it before eating.
Beet and Cucumber Salad Tips
Serving Tips – Avoid mixing the ingredients if you don’t want everything to turn into a pinkish color. Always add the dressing last minute before you serve the salad. Make sure your salad is at room temperature.
Troubleshooting Tips – In case you add more dressing than necessary, try topping some breadcrumbs and mixing the salad up for the breadcrumbs to absorb in the mixture.
Beetroot And Cucumber Salad Variations
- Cook beets differently. Depending on how you cook the beets, the salad gets a different texture. Try slicing raw beets and mixing the same ingredients. Marinate the beets separately if you are using them raw.
- Boil the beets. This is quicker, but use other vegetables to make up a boiled salad. Honey balsamic vinegar goes better with boiled vegetables.
- Try pickled beets and cucumber salad.
- Add quinoa or other gluten-free cereals.
- Add steamed spinach.
You can store the salad in the fridge for up to 3 days in a glass container. Make sure not to add the dressing or marinate it, so it won’t get soggy.
FAQs About Beet Cucumber Salad
How Can I Make an Indian-style Beet and Cucumber Salad?
To make an Indian-style beet and cucumber salad, try this recipe:
- Peel and chop 2 medium-sized beets and 1 large cucumber.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the beets and cucumber with the dressing and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve the salad topped with chopped fresh mint and toasted cashews.
Can We Eat Beetroot and Cucumber Together?
Yes, you can eat beetroot and cucumber together. The combination makes for a very healthy salad, a takeaway lunch, or a quick & easy dinner that is gluten-free and dairy-free.Print