Whipped Feta With Strawberry Jam Topping
It is a super easy dip of whipped feta with strawberries jam. The sweet and savory combine to create a perfectly balanced appetizer or starter. Spread the whipped feta dip over a toasted crostini, add a spoonful of strawberry jam, or make it ahead for a party feast.
Impress your guests with whipped feta dip with a strawberry jam appetizer or with another ricotta dip with honey! This dip recipe is made with tangy feta cheese whipped until smooth and creamy.
Top it with a dollop of sweet and tangy strawberry jam, and you’ve got a crowd-pleasing appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a quick and easy snack, this whipped feta with strawberry jam is a timeless hit!
Reasons To Try Whipped Feta and Strawberry Appetizer
- It’s ridiculously easy – All you need to do is pour the ingredients into the mixer and prepare a small amount of strawberry jam.
- Quick recipe – Whether you choose to roast the strawberries in the oven or just prepare the jam over a medium hit, it takes just a little bit of time to have this recipe ready.
- Not sweet/Not Salty – The dip and the topping balance each other just perfectly.
- Crowd Pleaser – The appetizer is adaptable for crowds as well as 2 people. It’s ready in no time and so perfect even for an intimate dinner.
Ingredients For Whipped Feta Dip And Strawberry Jam
- Feta cheese and a dash of milk – put them into a food processor until they become smooth.
- Strawberries, Fennel Seeds, Lemon Juice & Zest, and Honey – These are the ingredients for the jam. First, let sit for 5 minutes strawberries with all the ingredients and bring them to a simmer under medium heat until the mixture thickens.
How To Make Whipped Feta and Strawberries
- In a food processor, combine the cheese and the dash of milk and pulse until the mixture becomes smooth. If you are serving immediately, transfer the cheese dip into a shallow bowl/plate. If you are pre-planning for a party, transfer it into a glass container.
- Combine the fennel seeds, lemon juice and zest, honey, and strawberries and let them sit for 10 minutes. After that bring the pan to medium heat and let it simmer for as long as the jam becomes thick. It took me 10 – 15 minutes.
- Let the jam sit at room temperature until it cools down.
- Top the whipped cheese dip with as much jam as you like. Decorate with thyme or mint.
- Toast crackers, pita bread, or crostini for the appetizer.
Whipped Feta and Strawberry Jam Tips
- If you are using this whipped feta recipe for large gatherings make sure you keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, so the dip won’t go runny and keeps its consistency as thick as possible. Making it a day in advance works just fine too.
- You may want to keep the jam separate as well. Use a glass jar or another glass container. Keeping them separate will prevent the feta and strawberry combination from taking one another’s colors.
- You may use the strawberry jam recipe for crostini or a simple toast for breakfast.
- Add creamy balsamic vinegar to the jam if you want it to taste a little bit more interesting. The creamy balsamic will not interfere with the consistency and will give “a curious” touch (get prepared for some questions from your guests just in case).
- The strawberry jam will go just perfectly with some chia seeds and ginger instead of fennel seeds and honey.
Variations For Whipped Feta With Strawberry Jam Appetizer
Wanna use another cheese instead of the whipped feta appetizer? Go with goat cheese or ricotta. Blend until smooth. It works great as well.
Wanna use other herbs? Forget about the thyme. Go with basil.
Use slices of bread, triangles of pita, crostini, and baguette. Toast them real nice and enjoy the crunchiness along with the creaminess of this whipped feta dip and the spoonful of the sweetness of the strawberry jam.
It is best to store them separately, but there is nothing wrong if you choose to store them in the same container.
However, I recommend you use a container for the dip and a jar for the strawberry jam.
FAQS About Whipped Feta With Strawberries
Why Is My Whipped Feta Grainy?
That’s because feta has a crumbly texture, and even though you can have a great food processor, chances are that the dip will still have that grainy texture at the end. If you don’t want to leave it like that, you can try to pulse it with some milk or just use a fine-mesh strainer in order to get a smoother texture.
Why Is My Whipped Feta Dip Runny?
That’s because of the milk or yogurt you may have used when blending it. At first, avoid using milk or Greek yogurt. These two make the dip runny. Keep blending or processing until very smooth, and if you want it even creamier you can add a tablespoon of yogurt or milk.
How Do You Thicken Whipped Feta Dip?
Cornstarch. In case you have used yogurt when processing the feta dip and the consistency is still runny, try adding as little as 1/2. cup of cornstarch. It helps thicken the texture without altering the flavor.
How Do You Whip Feta Cheese Without a Food Processor?
Instead of a food processor, you can either use a blender or an immersion blender. While the best is to use a food processor, you’ll still have a great dip with a blender. You will need a little yogurt and a drizzle of olive oil for a smooth and rich texture.
Can You Freeze Feta Dip?
Yes, you can! It is safe to freeze it for 2-3 months in an airtight container. When you are ready to use it again, just defrost it overnight in the fridge. Even though this is a very quick recipe to make, meal planning is always a win. So, do whatever is comfortable for you.
Want some salad ideas for a big dinner as well? Try:
- Roasted Cauliflower with Spinach and Cranberries
- Roasted Potatoes with Dried Figs and Gorgonzola Cheese