Beetroot and Cheese Sandwich
Beetroot and cheese sandwich is a very delicious and healthy lunch takeaway. Perfect for picnics, kids’ lunchboxes, and every sandwich lover!
For example, parsley and walnut pesto might be a good substitute for hummus.
Cheese and Beetroot Sandwich Ingredients
- Beetroot hummus – This beetroot hummus sandwich uses this beetroot hummus recipe.
- Juice of red pickled cabbage – This is “the secret” ingredient that gives the beetroot and cheese open-faced sandwich an extraordinary taste! You’ll love it. You may use your favorite pickled juice.
- Feta cheese – skip the goat cheese or other melting cheeses. Feta cheese will make this beetroot sandwich taste even fresher.
- Sundried tomatoes
- Cucumber – fresh cucumber gives a dose of juiciness to the sandwich.
- Pickled cucumber
- Bread – I used sourdough slices, which I did not toast. When you plan to pack the sandwich and you toast the bread, it dries and becomes even more crispy and hard to chew.
How to Make Beetroot and Cheese Sandwich
- Grab two slices of your favorite bread. I’m using sourdough. However, not every kind of bread is suitable for sandwiches. Choose a white bread with a good crust, like seeded bread or soft wholemeal.
- Spread a nice generous layer of beetroot hummus on a slice.
- Drizzle the juice of the pickles on the other slice.
- Slice the fresh cucumber, the picked one, and the sundried tomato.
- Layer up the ingredients according to your preference.
What To Serve With Beetroot Hummus Sandwich?
You can make sandwiches as salad-rich as you want, but a little bowl of other salad is never too much. Here are some salad ideas that go very well with this beet sandwich recipe:
- Red Cabbage With Pomegranate Vinegar
- Greek Green Salad (Marouli)
- Salad with Greens, Tomato, and Lemon Zest
Reasons To Make Sandwiches Recipes
- Easy to prepare
- Versatile, somehow sandwiches never get boring. The possibilities are endless.
- Fast food, but healthy.
- No food waste. You can use any leftovers and with a little imagination make an amazing sandwich.
- Easy to pack and take it everywhere. There is no need to use utensils either, which makes sandwiches very portability-friendly.
- Reduced cooking time. Ok, let’s say you have to do some cooking, but compared to other dishes sandwiches require minimal cooking time, especially if some of the ingredients are pre-cooked.
- It’s easy to involve others in preparing it. Sandwiches can be a social activity. Kids can start to be introduced to the kitchen by getting involved in preparing the sandwich with their preferred ingredients.
Do you have any beetroot sandwich ideas? Please comment if yes, I would not want to miss it. 🙂
Enjoy making and savoring those sandwiches!Print