Easiest Blueberry Galette With Puff Pastry, Vegan and Dairy-Free
Try this blueberry galette with puff pastry, because it is dairy-free, it is vegan, and incredibly easy to make! All you need is a puff pastry sheet, a handful of blueberries, and a spoonful of almond butter.
This is no doubt the easiest blueberry galette with puff pastry that you can see around! You can make a blueberry dessert with puff pastry and turn it into a fantastic afternoon bite. Puff pastry and blueberries make wonders when they are paired together!
This rustic, free-form galette is filled with sweet, juicy blueberries and wrapped in a flaky, buttery crust. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create a stunning dessert that looks as good as it tastes.
However, if you are craving more sweets, but not very sweet, here are some other suggestions you can look into besides this puff pastry blueberry galette:
Reasons To Try Blueberry Galette With Puff Pastry
- It’s sweet, but also tangy – if your blueberries are sweet enough, leave the sugar completely out. You will need a little cornstarch to make the filling thicker, and a little lemon zest to enhance the flavor.
- Effortless recipe – You won’t need to cook anything beforehand. Just mix and layer.
- Not lots of sugar needed – As I mentioned earlier, you can leave the sugar out. However, if your blueberries are not very sweet like mines (I used wild blueberries), you can massage some zest with sugar to preserve the fresh flavor as much as possible.
- Eggless and dairy-free – No cream cheese is needed for this blueberry galette with puff pastry. Nor eggs. I mean, no egg wash is necessary at the end of the recipe. All you’ll need to do is “wash” the puff pastry with some vegan butter and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Only a few ingredients are needed – In desserts usually you need lots of sugar and many other ingredients. This vegan blueberry galette does not have the same “formula”.
Ingredients For Puff Pastry Blueberry Galette
- Puff pastry – 1 sheet needed
- Lemon – Both juice and zest
- Sugar – both white crystal sugar and brown sugar will work
- Almond butter – you can replace almond butter with any other butter of your choice. You will spread some almond butter on the puff pastry before adding the blueberry filling.
How To Make Blueberry Galette With Puff Pastry
- Let the puff pastry sit at room temperature. Do not let it melt completely. You will need it to be cool.
- Mix lemon zest and sugar and rub them a little bit so they can add flavor to one another.
- Add blueberries and a drizzle of lemon juice. Then add the sugar and mix gently. Let them sit for some minutes. At this step, you are done with making the blueberry filling for puff pastry galette recipe.
- Open the puff pastry sheet and in the middle spread a layer of almond butter. Add as much as you want. However, I recommend you to be generous at this point because the flavor of almond butter at the end is heavenly.
- Add the blueberry filling and then fold the puff pastry as you like. Don’t worry about folding it nicely. This is a quick recipe, so you may be as careless as you want.
- Brush the edges of the galette with some melted butter and lastly sprinkle sugar on them.
Blueberry Puff Pastry Recipe Tips
- Let the puff pastry and blueberry galette cool completely down before slicing and serving. Add a scoop of ice cream if you like.
- If you like the filling to be a little runny and contain as much fruit juice as possible, then use less cornstarch.
- Feel free to use lots of other fruit instead of blueberries. You can improvise with a mixture of berries, peaches, apples, pears, apricots, cherries, peaches etc.
Storage Tips For Blueberry Puff Pastry Recipe
To be honest, I highly doubt there will be anything left from this ridiculously easy blueberry puff pastry recipe. Besides it is extremely delicious. Deep down you’ll wish you had it all to yourself… like I did!
However, you may store this galette in a container for up to 2 days or let it sit at room temperature safely for a day. Be careful! If it’s hot (like summer) then put it in the fridge.
FAQS About Recipes With Blueberry and Puff Pastry
Is Galette Made from Puff Pastry?
Not always. A galette is a typical French pastry that is made like a free-from crust. You can buy a puff pastry or you can do it yourself at home. The galette’s dough traditionally is thicker and more flaky than a puff pastry.
Is Galette Dough the Same as Pie Dough?
No, they are different from each other. The galette’s dough is baked on a baking sheet, it is uneven and it holds itself together. A pie’s dough is baked in a tart pan or another baking pan, and it is more even.
How Do You Keep Puff Pastry Moist?
You need your puff pastry to be moist only for a couple of hours before adding the filling and baking it. However, if you are meal-planning, keep the pastry filled but cover the entire pan in a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it.
Did you try this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out. Encourage us by rating this recipe and giving your feedback on the fantastic blueberry puff pastry dessert.