Why Is Everybody So Obsessed With Pizza Toast Veggie?
The reason why everyone is going nuts over pizza toast veggie is that of a single word: PIZZA! I guess most of the children like pizza. Parents whose children do not like pizza and prefer broccoli instead, I envy you!
I’m a pizza lover myself, and I like eating it. I find ways to make it as healthy as possible, and pizza allows you this! You can play around and bring a fully nutritious meal into a single pizza.
Toasts of today, naming them all pizza toast veggie, are back-to-basics recipes. They are delicious, quick and I am going to show you some fantastic variations!
Long HOT summer, then cut a long story short: make a pizza toast veggie! Are you too busy or too sweaty, or too impatient to prepare pizza dough? Or perhaps, are there too many unexpected guests ringing your doorbell, and you have to make up something fast but also impress?!
Generally, all the toast recipes are simple, but many of them may take quite a long time to prepare. If you may want to make a very sophisticated toast, you can! And if you’re going to make it quick, you also can!
Hey! You still get all the crispiness of the pizza from a slice of bread. OK, not the very same thing, but still crispy and hot.
With all the cheesy melting base in a pizza, you can still get it. Any leftover vegetables? You don’t want to throw them away! Bring your “off-looking” veggies out of despair and revive all of them.
You can make a pizza toast veggie as packed as you want and look like an authentic pizza (except that smaller and in a different shape)!
The good news about the following recipes of pizza toast veggie is that you do not have to use a pizza sauce. Not at all!
How To Make The Easiest To-Die-For Pizza Toast Veggie
- Pick your favorite cheese. Mine is mozzarella.
- Use cherry tomatoes. Any color is just perfect. I am using the red round cherry tomatoes. These are not confit, but I did cut their skin a little and then marinated them before popping them into the oven. You can also crush some riped tomatoes and use them as a base, instead of pizza sauce.
- Choose your last veggies remaining on your fridge. I had zucchini in my fridge. One zucchini is more than enough for a least 3 slices of bread.
- Spicy salami. Instead, prosciutto also works, but here I’ve used sausage.
- All kinds of mushrooms bring a new flavor to the pizza toast veggie too.
- Greens. Leafy herbs go well with pizzas. To me, dill is very aromatic and I like having it on my table. Its smell makes me want to dance around my kitchen thinking of my own herbs garden. You can use whatever herb you have on hand. I used arugula and mint.
Today’s Variations Of Pizza Toast Veggie
- Mozzarella and Cherry Tomatoes, plus one glove on garlic per toast. Just like the famous Margherita Pizza containing mozzarella and tomato sauce, this toast with the exact same ingredient is equally heavenly. My kid ate it!
- Four Cheese toast with one tiny slice of Prosciutto and pine nuts. I used mozzarella, goat cheese, gorgonzola and parmigiano reggiano. You can also use feta cheese. Before serving add: zest of a lemon, rocket, Tabasco (for spicing it up even more).
- Mozarella and Spicy Salami. First sprinkle some of the tomato juice on the bread, then put the slices of mozzarella and finally the slices of the salami. HEAVEN!
- Mozarella, Pomodorini, Zucchini, Eggplant. I like simple combinations a lot and zucchini-eggplant make a pleasant summerish duo.
Useful Tips For Spontaneous Toasts
Toasts + salad: oh, such a perfect combo! I enjoyed them with this salad.
I am not using tomato sauce because fresh tomatoes release their juice, which is more than enough for spreading it on each slice of bread.
What I did was cutting the tomatoes in half, 10 minutes before starting the prepare this toast.
I marinate them with salt, black pepper, and a splash of olive oil. Let rest for 10mins, and use the juice they released as a base for the toasts before putting cheese on it.
I’d suggest not making only one kind of toast. Feel free to create with what’s on your fridge, as there are no rules! You can make a solid base and play around with as many variations as you imagine.
For pizza toasts with veggies, you can explore, just like you watch out for the pizza menu in a restaurant. Can you count all the types of pizza being cooked all over the world? I bet you can’t.
A pizza toast veggie is a great chance to add colors. Combine the flavors of the vegetables and arrange to have all kinds of possible smells a pizza would bring to your home.
Herbs! Let them raw, as they enhance both the flavor and smell of all food. Chop them finely and sprinkle right before serving your toasts.
Nuts! Some nuts that go perfectly with all the kinds of salty toasts are cashews, walnuts, peanuts. I would not suggest baking them with toast. You could chop and add on at the last minute.
It would be interesting to have toasted them in a separate pan and set them aside covered with a napkin. Well, nuts go perfectly with everything. And if it works on lots of things you like, trust your instinct and find a creative way for tasting great on these toasts too.
The bottom line is to expose as many colors as you can. Other than they are pleasant to see, they also let you with a feeling of fullness.
If you take care of including all the nutritional values of a meal in a toast, you can. You CAN make them a meal. They are a portion of fantastic vegetarian food, but you can also make them vegan.
When I say pizza toast veggie, it doesn’t mean you have to have pizza dough. You can cook on a slice of bread. Of course, bread is versatile, and you can comfortably use any “forgotten” bread, including sandwich bread and bagel. Still, also you can make a pizza toast veggie with tortilla, pita bread, or any other kind of white or brown bread that you have in your kitchen.
Three of the pizza toast veggies recipes on this post are vegetarian toasts, and test them with your friends.
If you want variations of vegan toasts, let me know, and I will give you other recipes.
By preparing pizza, toast veggies, and any other kind of toast, you will rock your house with unique flavors. You will be a great hostess for your friends and family, and visually it will look like you have cooked lots of things.
Idea: Toasts go great for parties too! Be wise in your kitchen, love your food, and everybody will dream of coming to visit!
To me, toasts are the ultimate summer food as they can be healthy, colorful, rich in nutrients, very quick and easy to prepare, they work great for kids, adults, and they are Mediterranean-style cuisine.
In Italy they are named crostini, in Turkey kızarmış ekmek, in Albania bukë e thekur, in Croatia tost, in Greece τοστ
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.Print